Customize Organic Food and Feed for All Animals with Our Expertise

BioMatrix International has the internal expertise to advise you with any organic feed questions you may have. We have the capability to assist in custom formulations, organic registration, as well as access to toll blenders that can manufacture organic products. Due to high customer demand, this market is constantly changing, and with it, our technology is changing as well.

When it comes to producing organic products, there are 4 categories for labeling, and when creating the product label, all organic ingredients must be identified. The following information is from the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service.

  1. 100% Organic
    This type of product must contain 100% organic ingredients, excluding water and salt, since they are considered natural.
  2. Organic
    These products must contain a minimum of 95% organic ingredients with the remaining 5% having the ability to be non-organic agricultural products not available as organic and/or non-agricultural products from the national list.
  3. Made with Organic Ingredients
    At least 70% of the ingredients must be produced organically. For the remaining portion of the product, there are guidelines of the types of ingredients that can be used.
  4. Specific Ingredient Listings
    These types of products would be anything that has less than 70% organic ingredients in the formulation.